Tuesday, June 13, 2023

A compilation Out Now on a CD - featuring my (as Lefterna) Collab track w/ two other artists ( !! )

This compilation was supposed to be released a bit earlier - the previous year I think. I got a promo digital copy of it back then and I even reviewed it here on my blog. But now it's officially out on a CD in 2023 from the label Attenuation Circuit in Germany and it features my triple ' Collab ' track w/ Halfdeep and Nimbostrata. And now I also got my free artist's copies, as it can be seen from the picture below. Also a review of it follows below - it's from Vital Weekly ( !! ) Some more info from here : - https://emerge.bandcamp.com/album/r-i-2023-1
Attenuation Circuit organised a festival re:flexions for some years, and R|E was the logo. At this festival, they brought artists together to collaborate on stage. The festival no longer exists but lives on with this compilation, which is the first in a series. Four out of five pieces here contain a collaboration between three musicians. There are a few new names, such as Nimbostrata, half deep, John Brennan, SRVTR, Schulzki and some I heard only a few works from (Lefterna, prOphecy Sun, Circuitnoise). Stadlmeier is someone I heard a lot, such as Deison and Julien Ash. It is quite a mixed bag of music, but that is to be expected. Tracks are ten to thirteen minutes long. I am not blown away by Ash/prOphecy sun/LDX#40, who has a reflective piece revolving around a humming voice, which never gets going. That seems a recurring thing as with more pieces, I feel it's all a bit controlled and held back with sounds being on a similar level and never going all the way as if all the sounds by all participants had to exist on the same level, and thus there isn't always compositional development in these pieces. Deison & Dimitrov (the only duo) have great drone music and some obscured field recordings. The piece by Brennan/CIrcuit Noise/SRVTR starts great but is ruined by some free improvisation drumming, descending into chaos. Schulzki & Fiebig & Stadlmeier have excellent acoustic sounds and lots of reverb, sometimes working the noise end. All in all, this compilation is a bit of a mixed bag. (FdW) ––– Address: https://emerge.bandcamp.com/ - http://www.vitalweekly.net/1390.html ( . . . ) . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment